The cash book of Mr. Ratan Mukherjee shows Rs 7360 as the balance at bank as on 31st December, 2008, but does not agree with the balance as per the bank pass book on the same date. On scrutiny you find the following discrepancies1.
Deccember, 2008 the payments side of the cash book was undercast by rs 250
2. 2. a cheque for rs 185 issued on 20th December, 2008 was taken in the cash column.
3. 3.One deposit of rs 375 was recorded in the cash book as if there is no bank column therein
4. 4.On 16th December, 2008, the debit balance in the cash book of rs 1280 as on the previous day was brought forward as credit balance.
5. 5.Of the total cheques amounting to rs 12630 drawn in the last week of December, 2008, cheques aggregating rs 8630 were encashed in December 2008
6. 6.Dividends of rs 480 collected by the bank and subscription of rs 150 paid by it were not recorded in the cash book.
7. 7.One outgoing cheque of rs 200 was recorded twice in the cash book.
8. 8.Of the total cheques amounting to rs 18780 paid into bank in the last week of December,2008, cheques aggregating rs 10850 were collected by the bank in the January following.
Prepare a Bank Reconciliation Statement as on 31st December, 2008
Balance as per Cash Book (Dr.)
Add: Cash deposited but not recorded in Bank Column
Error committed in carry forward of balance
Cheque drawn but not yet cleared
Cheque recorded twice in Cash Book
Less: Undercasting of Payment Side
Cheque wrongly taken in Cash Column
Cheque deposited but not yet cleared
Balance as per Pass Book