On 30th June, 1994, the bank column of Mohan Kapoor's cash book showed a debit balance of Rs 12,000. On cheching the cash book with bank statement ryou find that:-
- Cheques paid into bank Rs 8,000, but out of these only cheques of Rs 6,500 were cleared and credited bt hte bankers upto 30th June.
- Cheques of Rs 9,200 were issued but out of these anly cheques of Rs 7,000 were presented for payment pto 30th June.
- The receipt column of the cash book has been undercast by Rs 200.
- The pass book shows a credit of Rs 330 as interest on investments collected by bankers and debit of Rs 60 for bank charges.
- On 29th June a customer deposited Rs 3,000 direct in the bank account but it was entered only in the Pass book.
Cash Book Under cast.
Interest collected by the bank, but not yet recorded in the cash book.
Amount received by the bank directly from trade debtors.
Bank charges not yet recorded in the cash book.